users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:The MySQL adapter "mysql" is not available.

From: Jagadish Prasath Ramu <Jagadish.Ramu_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 12:55:51 +0530

Following URLs may be helpful :
http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?10,155771,155771
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=429&t=206631

This exception does not seem to come from MySQL or GlassFish.
Do you see any exception in GlassFish's server.log ?
[GF_INSTALL_DIR/domains/<domain1>/logs]

You can do "ping" on the connection pool created on GlassFish to see
whether your database related settings are correct.
Access admin GUI, select the jdbc-connection-pool and do ping.
http://blogs.sun.com/JagadishPrasath/entry/creating_jdbc_connection_pool_resource
http://blogs.sun.com/JagadishPrasath/entry/jdbc_connection_pool_templates_glassfish

Thanks,
-Jagadish