users@glassfish.java.net

[Fwd: Session lost in glassfish cluster]

From: Paul Sterk <Paul.Sterk_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 09:43:57 -0800

Forward to user list.

Paul

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Session lost in glassfish cluster
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 19:25:40 +0800
From: Carol Zhang <Carol.Zhang_at_Sun.COM>
To: glassfish-interest_at_sun.com

Hi All,

Ask for your kind help on a glassfish cluster issue.

I have a customer who is trying to deploy his application in glassfish
cluster, meet the weired issue:

1. the environment support full multicast
2. clusterjsp sample application can be successfully running in the
cluster env. metioned in 5
3. The customer's application can be running on a single instance
4. to deploy in the cluster environment, they add "distributable" in the
application's web.xml
5. The application is deployed on a cluster env, which consists of two
instances on a physical machine. To simply the testing, we bypass
loadbalancer, access one of the instances directly.
6. If without checking "availability" option in the deploy time, the
application runs fine, but withouth session replication.
7, if check the "availability" option (using memory replication by
default), after login to the application, the server will response to
the first several requests, and then in the subsequential request, it
seems that session is lost and re-login is required.
8. re-deploy or re-start cluster + redeploy doesn't work.

I found a post
(http://forums.java.net/jive/message.jspa?messageID=258183)on the forum,
who describes a very similiar issue but withouth resolution.

Can anyone give some suggestion on it? Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Carol

--
Paul