users@glassfish.java.net

Re: cannot start glassfish v2 - JMX / RMI issue

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 09:20:44 PST

The development server is able to host Glassfish v2 properly, and there is no firewall restrictions in that environment.

The startup failure is happening in a production server, that's not supposed to have it's firewall turned off.

We need to understand why we're receiving [b]IOP00710220: (INTERNAL) Error in GIOP magic[/b], and why the startup stucks after attempting to start[b] SJSMQ JMS Resource Adapter[/b].

What troubleshooting measures should we take ?
If it's a firewall issue again, how can we find the ports that Glassfish demands ?
[Message sent by forum member 'rbellia' (rbellia)]