users@glassfish.java.net

This week's Webinar Set - OpenSolaris -- Dec 11th, Thu, 11am PT

From: Eduardo Pelegri-Llopart <pelegri_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 07:40:55 -0800

This week's webinar set is an introduction of the core concepts in the
OpenSolaris distribution as well as an overview of the latest release,
2008.11, which was announced today.

[We lucked a bit on the timing and I only had to move the original
proposed date by a week. This means you can try out the actual Release
rather than refer to the Release Candidate]

I wanted to host an OpenSolaris presentation because technologies like
ZFS, Zones and DTrace are useful on GlassFish production deployments but
the actual OpenSolaris 2008.11 release seems interesting even as a
developer OS - time-slider, in particular, looks very good.

I am already schduling another Webinar Set early next year focusing on
the actual production experience with OpenSolaris; that presentation
will assume this one as background.

The presenters are Angelo Rajadurai, Marty Duey and Hugo Rivero, all
with Sun.

Presentation Date/Time: Dec 11th, 11amPT

Online at:
  http://ustream.tv/channel/theaquarium

Concall (optional)
  Toll Free: (866) 545-5227
  Int'l Access: (215) 446-3648 (caller paid)
  Access Code: 3535518

Additional details at:
  http://wikis.sun.com/display/TheAquarium/OpenSolarisOverview

        - eduard/o