users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to deploy OSGI bundles through Glassfish v3 Web Console ?

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_sun.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 21:52:28 +0530

1. GlassFish admin console or CLI do not yet expose OSGi administration
capabilities. To do this, you have to use underlying OSGi framework's
administration capabilities. By default, GlassFish uses Felix, so you
have to use Felix functionality to do so. You can enable Felix remote
shell quite easily by following the instructions available in
glassfish/felix/config.properties. Once you do that, you can telnet from
a shell and deploy your OSGi bundle. We are proposing to expose OSGi
admin capabilities in GlassFish admin console. Stay tuned.

2. Currently, none of the Java EE artifacts can be packaged or deployed
as OSGi bundles. That is being worked on.

Thanks,
Sahoo