users@glassfish.java.net

-Xrs and shutdown issues

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 06:52:48 PST

Hi.
I am running v8.2 of the appserver, so sorry if this is vague, but it might apply to glassfish as well.

We have the server running on windows 2k3 with -Xrs option on the domain.xml settings, and in rare occasions, the server has to be restarted.
However, while all other windows services shut down (we know this cause we cant remote desktop into the server), the app server continues to stay up and function well.

is this a side effect of the -Xrs option, or is there something more fundamental seemingly going on?

Regards,
Andy
[Message sent by forum member 'andymorton' (andymorton)]