users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem with performance of LDAP Security Realm in Glassfish V2

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 11:10:21 PST

Hi -

I tested my app against a local install of OpenDS following those steps and also this blog post (to set up an OpenDS with SSL using Glassfish keystore file) http://javaevangelist.blogspot.com/2008/09/opends-ldap-and-glassfish-configuration.html - thanks for the post, John. It works just fine with an SSL-based OpenDS LDAP realm and with non-SSL OpenDS realm. I do not get the same delay that I had with our enterprise LDAP server.

Since I'm sure that it's not a problem with the enterprise LDAP system and other applications that authenticate against it do not seem to have the same slowness issue, I wonder if there are some other parameters that I can tune in Glassfish that might help. Unfortunately I need to use the enterprise LDAP in favor of a local OpenDS LDAP deployment for this application. Could it have to do with my SSL certificate configuration? I have the LDAP server public certificate configured in cacerts.jks, but with default parameters. Any suggestions on where I need to be looking to fix this are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
[Message sent by forum member 'mwengren' (mwengren)]