users@glassfish.java.net

Deploy bug on GFv2.1 b58g

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 09:51:05 PST

I queried the tracker but couldn't find anything related to this. Does anyone know if this has already been experienced / filed?

When I deploy to a cluster that spans multiple nodes (in our case two). After deploying our ear and starting the cluster through the web console, I get a 403 Access Denied from the servlet container with nothing useful in the server logs.

The application logs just fine but the servlet container doesn't seem to service the request. To get this to work I have to disable and then enable the application while the cluster is running. Then the container services the requests and the application works fine.

I am able to reproduce this consistently.

If I restart the cluster after this process, it works fine as well, I have no need to disable / re-enable again.

This is 2.1 b58 on Windows 2003 with mod_jk / isapi-redirect in IIS.
[Message sent by forum member 'areplogle' (areplogle)]