users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Eclipse/Glassfish problem "Missing classpath entry /modules/glassfish.jar"

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 13:35:24 PST

Thanks, Ludo

Looks like I'm not out of the woods yet.

I installed Glassfish following these steps:
# Download one of the bundles to disk, set JAVA_HOME to the JDK you have installed on your system.
# Run:

   % java -Xmx256m -jar filename.jar

This command will unbundle GlassFish and create a new directory structure rooted under a directory named 'glassfish'.
#

 % cd glassfish

# If you are using a machine with an operating system that is a derivative of UNIX(tm), set the execute permission for the Ant binaries that are included with the GlassFish bundle.

        % chmod -R +x lib/ant/bin

        % lib/ant/bin/ant -f setup.xml

from https://glassfish.dev.java.net/downloads/v2ur1-b09d.html.

They went without a hitch.

Now when I try to do the new -> server thing, I'm getting the attached error message. In my glassfish dir, there is no modules subdir.

Should I re-download and re-install?

Thanks for your help
[Message sent by forum member 'emitchell' (emitchell)]