users@glassfish.java.net

Re: glassifsh cluster with load balancing.. again

From: Pankaj Jairath <Pankaj.Jairath_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 11:26:53 +0530

Good to know that this resolved your problem !.

I suppose you are now trying to failover the request, wherein subsequent
to load balancing your request got serviced from instance1 and thus
instance 1 has the session related to this client session. Now instance
2 would service the request, only if your request got failed over to
instance 2 (Ex: shutdown instance 1), and instance 2 now services the
request using the request session it has retrieved. Further for session
to be retrieved over other instance in the cluster you /need to deploy
your application with ---availability=true/ and use in-memory
replication ( configured out-of-box with cluster profile) support
provided by the web container.

Once you have deployed your application using this option. now test for
failover of request and session failover.

-/Pankaj