users@glassfish.java.net

Certificate error in Glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 21:20:21 PST

Hi,
We have a glassfish server that hosts one of our application. This application services https requests from the client browser and also communicates with a remote web service through https. For the SSL communication, certificates signed by a proprietary CA is used. The default truststore and keystore of glassfish are used. In the truststore, the root certificate issued by the proprietary CA, is added. The SSL handshake between the browser and the glassfish server and between the glassfish server (acting as a client) and another server hosting a webservice works fine once the glassfish is restarted. But, if the application deployed on glassfish is undeployed and redeployed again, then there is a certificate error when the application deployed on glassfish tries to access the web service hosted in another server using https. This error doesn't occur when the server is restarted again. My question is, why is a server restart necessary after the application deployment for the SSL handshake to be OK? There is no change in the keystore or the truststore.
[Message sent by forum member 'nilootpal' (nilootpal)]