users@glassfish.java.net

Deploying from Ant when the .war may already be deployed

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 12:00:58 PST

I need to be able to deploy a .war file to Glassfish (V3 prelude) from Ant, and I need the same command to be able to work whether the application has already been deployed or not. I currently use this:

<java jar="${admin.cli.jar}" fork="true" spawn="true">
        <arg line="deploy ${dist.dir.glassfish}/${war.file.name} --force=true"/>
</java>

but this fails if the application is already deployed. The --force=true doesn't work when used like this.

Is there a way deploy or redeploy from Ant whether the application is already deployed or not?
[Message sent by forum member 'dwschulze' (dwschulze)]