users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Installed Sun App Server 9.1 update1 but new domains are Platform Edition 8

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 08:29:44 PST

It looks to me that all your problems (even the version mismatch) is related to "Path" environment
variable on your shell. Most likely you are not executing the asadmin you intend to.

Since this is a Sparc/Solaris distribution, note that Application Server 8.x is already available
on this system and that install's binary components usually precede those you have installed
(9.1-01).

Note that 8.x had a variation named "Platform Edition" that did not have support for clusters,
node agents and other enterprise goodies.

Regards,
Kedar

(PS - I am not sure how asupgrade actually helped you. It might have appeared to, but
your problems seem to be unrelated to this utility, since it has a different purpose).
[Message sent by forum member 'km' (km)]