users@glassfish.java.net

Re: howto autostart glassfish at system startup solaris 10 x86

From: Steve Essery <Steve.Essery_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 16:28:38 +0000

As root:

mkdir -p /var/svc/manifest/application/SUNWappserver
chown <gf-unix-user> /var/svc/manifest/application/SUNWappserver
chgrp sys /var/svc/manifest/application/SUNWappserver
usermod -A "solaris.smf.*" <gf-unix-user>

As your <gf-unix-user>:

asadmin create-service --type ... etc...

The SMF xml created should have:

        <method_credential user="gf-unix-user"
                           group=":default"/>

which means the service will run as your non-root user that created the
services.

Regards,
Steve