users@glassfish.java.net

Connecting Glassfish to SQL Server 2005 named instance

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 21:00:28 PST

SQL Server 2005 allows multiple server instances to be installed on one machine. I am using jTDS JDBC driver and can successfully connect to a machine which runs a single SQL Server 2005 and does not use named instances.

However, I can't figure out how to configure Glassfish Connection Pool to connect to a specific SQL Server named instance which runs on my local machine.

jTDS documentation (http://jtds.sourceforge.net/faq.html#instanceName) says that I need to set "instance" JDBC property to the name of the SQL Server 2005. But when I do that and click Ping on the Connection Pool console I get an error "Unable to get information from SQL Server: localhost."

Any ideas?

Thanks.
[Message sent by forum member 'alecswan' (alecswan)]