users@glassfish.java.net

Re: grails shared-war deployment questions

From: Corey <corey_at_bitworthy.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 22:03:41 -0700

On Thursday 20 November 2008 09:45:21 pm Corey wrote:
<snip>
> I just now got to a point where I thought I'd try out the shared-war
> feature.
>
> It works fine when doing so locally; but when I try to deploy the
> shared-war to the remote glassfish server with asadmin -H, the
> following strange behavior occurs:
>
> using the following command from my local machine:
>
> asadmin deploy -H myserver --libraries
> $GRAILS_HOME/lib/glassfish-grails.jar MyApp-0.1.war

Arg... that's my problem right there - the $GRAILS_HOME on my devbox is
different than the GRAILS_HOME path on the server...

Simply specifying the _correct_ path to the library caused everything
to work as expected. Sorry for the noise!

So, to respond to Alexis:

On Thursday 20 November 2008 03:21:08 pm Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine wrote:
> Sure. Let us know how it works!

It works great, saves a lot of time uploading - which has normally been
a major source of annoyance in the past; additionally I'm quite impressed w/
glassfish overall - looks like I've found a jetty replacement. (c8=

Beers!