users@glassfish.java.net

Custom MBean, deployed to a cluster, viewed from the DAS JMXServer

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 07:04:09 PST

Hi,
  I have deployed a very simple custom MBean to all the server instances managed by a DAS.
  One valuable trait of this configuration is that when I connect to the JMXServer of the DAS, I get a nice aggregation of the MBean instances that makes it very easy to query / modify the instances in a domain-wide manner.
  However, I have discovered that if one of the server instances is restarted, the MBean is no longer visible in the DAS JMXServer, ie, the MBean does not 'reconnect' or the DAS never resynchs with the custom MBeans -- this isn't the case with the AMX beans.
  Any ideas how I should modify this set up so that I have some form of reconnect with my custom MBeans in a clustered environment?
  Thanks,
John
[Message sent by forum member 'jstalker' (jstalker)]