users@glassfish.java.net

Re: EJB3 Remote Referece Thread Safe?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 09:12:55 PST

It's hard to reproduce this problem so providing a failing test is tricky at best. We're still having this issue regardless of the GF2 build we use. We create one remote reference and want to use it as long as the app runs. Given the performance constraints we have doing the lookup each call isn't a solution, nor is waiting for it to go wrong and then do another lookup (we only notice after 30 minutes, by default).

What is rather worrying though is that this issue is supposed to be fixed as of 2.0b49, although the issue resolution described in that report is rather vague at best.

Given that this is a rather important problem with what should be a stable J2EE platform I would think this issue would receive a bit more attention than it has been getting. We, and I'm sure others like us, now have to seriously consider migrating to another app server. As we are very happy with GF as a whole this certainly isn't the preferred solution.
[Message sent by forum member 'remonvv' (remonvv)]