users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to Trouble-Shoot Infinite Loop in Glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 09:59:33 PST

no problem,

Basically if you want to use the console for each running instance you'll need the service url. You can get that from the server.log of each instance.

It looks something like: service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://<host>:<port>/jmxrmi I just search for "service:"

If you're using jconsole, just put that url in the remote section. If you're using visualvm right click remote or local host depending on where you're executing it from and then give it a host name and then right click that host and do Add JMX Connection.

I might recommend downloading and installing visualvm to analyze multiple instances in a cluster as it's easier since you can connect to multiple instances at a time and it's got plugins you can install to help analyze thread and heapdumps.

As far as how to do this from the command line, I believe you can just sendsignal 3 to the PID's in question and the jvm *should* drop a threaddump.

Andrew
[Message sent by forum member 'areplogle' (areplogle)]