users@glassfish.java.net

Re: session replication checklist ? or monitoring tips?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 09:17:36 PST

Dick,

I've been reading through the amx docs (http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-4734/beapg?l=en&a=view&q=amx) trying to get an understanding of the jmx api's that glassfish provides.

But I believe you could query an mbean on the instance to get the number of sessions. I do this now with jboss, but I still have yet to find the mbean structure where all of this information is held.

It's supposed to be com.sun.appserv.management.* but I can't find that in my mbean browser when I tie into a glassfish instance.

Maybe someone else could help us out?

I would love to be able to adapt joeSNMP (http://sourceforge.net/projects/joesnmp/) to the glassfish jmx/amx so we can administratively monitor things like heap / conn, thread pools / session counts in an automated fashion.
[Message sent by forum member 'areplogle' (areplogle)]