users@glassfish.java.net

Re: sun-web.xml error-url attribute not working for 404?

From: Ludovic Champenois <Ludovic.Champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 17:07:49 -0800

Alex Sherwin wrote:
> I've got a simple WAR (deployed inside an EAR) that is serving up some
> Jersey web services.
>
> I'm trying to do this:
>
> <sun-web-app error-url="error.xml">
>
> Where error.xml is a file in the root of the WAR. This error.xml is the
> only file in the WAR itself, other than the sun-web.xml and web.xml in the
> WEB-INF dir (the Jersey Resource classes are being served up from inside a
> lib from the EAR that owns this WAR).
>
> Any ideas? Ideally I would like to capture all requests that my web
> services don't match so I can serve up a specific error XML structure
>
> Alex Sherwin
> alex.sherwin_at_acadiasoft.com

Would that help:
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-4734/beagh?l=en&a=view&q=sun-web-app+error-url
?
Especially the Note regarding "this attribute should not point to a URL
on the Application Server instance, because the error-url cannot be
loaded if the server is down. Instead, specify a URL that points to a
location on the web server."
Ludo