users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Lost keystore password

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 17:14:17 PST

If you treat me, I will let you know :).

you will get all your questions answered.

All right, all right -- please rename the file named "master-password" in your domain's folder to something else. It should then prompt you for the master password. If not, on the start-domain command, provide a file as: asadmin start-domain --user admin-user-name --passwordfile filename domain-name" where filename contents are:
AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=admin-password (the one you use for GUI)
AS_ADMIN_MASTERPASSWORD=changeit (this is the vanilla domain's default keystore password).

This is of course for V2.

See: http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/attach/GlassFishAdministrationPages/admincreds.html

Hope that stops you from pulling your hair ;).

-Kedar
[Message sent by forum member 'km' (km)]