users@glassfish.java.net

Re: session replication checklist ? or monitoring tips?

From: Dick Davies <rasputnik_at_hellooperator.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 21:27:07 +0000

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 8:12 PM, Larry White <Larry.White_at_sun.com> wrote:
> Hi Dick:
>
> I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do. But I'm guessing that it is
> settig up a cluster and trying out memory replication. Are you attempting
> a cluster on a single machine - not recommended for production but
> if you have a machine with sufficient memory entirely possible - or
> a multi-machine cluster?

No, it's a 2 node cluster. i had thought it was working, but a few bug reports
lately have made me less certain (and a little concerned I have no
instrumentation
for this subsystem).

> Assuming the latter here is a good blog to consult:
> http://blogs.sun.com/technical/entry/2_machine_cluster_setup_cli

That looks like what we've done (also deployed with --availabilityenabled=true)
- there didn't seem to be an explicit step to setup session replication,
so I'm guessing it should be on by default?

Thanks, anyway. I'll keep searching around.