users@glassfish.java.net

Re: session replication checklist ? or monitoring tips?

From: Larry White <Larry.White_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 12:12:10 -0800

Hi Dick:

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do. But I'm guessing that it is
settig up a cluster and trying out memory replication. Are you attempting
a cluster on a single machine - not recommended for production but
if you have a machine with sufficient memory entirely possible - or
a multi-machine cluster?

Assuming the latter here is a good blog to consult:
http://blogs.sun.com/technical/entry/2_machine_cluster_setup_cli

I would suggest the "crawl before you walk" approach of using our
demo app clusterjsp to validate your cluster and replication configuration.

Make sure that when you deploy your app (clusterjsp) that you indicate
availability enabled = true. This can be done in the admin console during
the deploy or if you use the CLI then make sure you put
--availabilityenabled=true
in the deploy command.

hope this helps