users@glassfish.java.net

glassfish running, localhost:8080 unreachable in browser

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 09:06:17 PST

I have just installed glassfish on my computer. I think the programm itself runs properly, at least there are no error-messages when i start it with the "asadmin start-domain" command in my console. I get the message: "Domain listens on at least the following ports: 8080, 8181, 4848,...."

Now i tried and typed "http://localhost:8080/" in my browser but after about a minute of waiting i see a blank page and my browser tells me that loading is finished...
i tried all ports but it doesn't work..

i also tried disabeling all firewalls, antivirus programms, and all unneeded processes, but still the page doesn't load in my browser...

can anyone help me with that?

thanks a lot in advance!
[Message sent by forum member 'gregormendel' (gregormendel)]