users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish v3 and EJB

From: Ludovic Champenois <Ludovic.Champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 07:36:49 -0800

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Thank you very much!
> I did not see this in release notes
> Now I understand.
>
> But will that new approach be recommended for future projects or it is just temporarily limitations of Prelude?
> Could you recommend some place where can I read about creating that special war files, containing ejbs? I am using Netbeans 6.5 now.

Witt nb 6.5 (rc) and v3 prelude, you can
1/ make sure the optional ejb container preview is installed in v3 via
update center of Prelude
2/ create a web app project
3/ if you are on windows (bug not on unix), add the ejb apis jar from
gfinstall/modules/ejb in the libraries of you project
4/ create a servlet in your web project
5/ create a java class in your web project
6/ add the annotation(s) to make this pojo class an EJB (@stateless,...)

In ejb3.x, Ejbs are simple Pojos with annotations, so the need for a
complex IDE wizard is not mandatory. The key point for this preview ejb
3.1 in prelude is to test what will be the future EE 6 spec, and it is
easy to try it.
So far, no MBD or Stateful beans, only Stateless beans work in the
optional preview.
When EE 6 is ready, NetBeans will offer wizards to help you creating and
using EJBs inside your web app, without the need for ejbmodules or EAR
applications. Packaging will be really really simple.

Ludo