users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How does an explicit EntityManager.lock() call prevent dirty reads in J

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 00:05:31 PST

The javadoc for the LockModeType was created from the words in the spec (see section 3.4.3 Lock Modes in JPA 1.0) and approved by the spec lead. If you think that the spec needs to be worded differently (and I agree, it is confusing, and this is why we put that lock use section into the JavaONE presentation), I suggest you send your comments to the JPA 2.0 EG (see http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=317 for the early draft download and the feedback alias).

Regards,
-marina
[Message sent by forum member 'mvatkina' (mvatkina)]