users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish EAR deployment order

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 07:07:11 PST

Hello, I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me tackle an issue with J2EE application bundle deployments in Glassfish.

The scenario we have is as follows: we have two J2EE EARs, one of which has an MDB that makes use of an EJB in the other application. When there are messages in the queue and the application with the MDB is deployed first, the system throws a NameNotFoundException (and currently our MDB stops the JMS queue on an exception, requiring user intervention to restart it).

Is there any way in Glassfish to control the deployment order of applications so that the depended on EAR deploys before the EAR with the MDB? Or do we need to change the behavior of the MDB so that it is more tolerant of the other application not being deployed yet?

Thanks!

P.S. I'll add that I'm relatively new to the J2EE space, so I may have missed something obvious. Go easy on me. =)
[Message sent by forum member 'jshepard' (jshepard)]