users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Eclipse Glassfish server adapter - port conflict when starting glassfish

From: Ludovic Champenois <Ludovic.Champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 07:32:05 -0800

heapifyman wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> Whenever I try to start glassfish v3 prelude via the server adapter
> within eclipse I get the error message:
> "Please stop the server process using the same port as the one used by
> the Application Server.
> A server process is already running on this port but we cannot
> determined if it's a GlassFish process (lack of info or credentials)"
>
> Unfortunately, it does not tell which port is blocked by "a server
> process" so I am unable to hunt down that blocking process. And the
> obvious candidates like 4848 or 8080 are not blocked according to TCP View.
>
> Anyone havong the same problem? How can I find out which ports are needed?
>
> Thanks in advance for any hints.

Did you install v3 with a username/password?
1/ If yes, double click on the server node to open the server prop
editor, enter the correct name/password (uncheck the use anonymous
chexkbox).
2/ if this does not work, try to start the server outside Eclipse via
CLI to see if it can start or not (maybe a firewall network issue)
3/ if nothing works, enable the plugin info loging via the GlassFish
Preferences (one node in the Eclipse Preferences), restart Eclipse, try
to start the server, then send me the Eclipse log file.
Thanks,
Ludo