users@glassfish.java.net

java.io.FileNotFoundException during installation

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 09:57:41 PST

i download the latest glassfish v3 and unjar it (java -Xmx256m -jar glassfish~~.jar). When it gets to glassfishfish\updatecenter\ outputs display :

glassfish\updatecenter\IException in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException : glassfish\ bin\cliutil.dll (Access is denied)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.jvnet.poormans_ib

and outputs a few more directories until the output again gets to :
glassfish\bin\cliutil.dll

then the program ends. there is no file extracted (or removed due to unsuccessful install). I tried to download both eng and multi-ling package, both give the same error. I only have my name as the sole adminstrator account and doubled checked again. the file is not security-blocked in anyway.

my computer is a vista premium with java 6 sdk u10 installed recently, in the default directory. i add "JAVA_HOME" environment variable to my vista account (admin privilige) to my java sdk directory prior to the install.

i googled the error but no answer is found.

ting
[Message sent by forum member 'yunring' (yunring)]