users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Downloading .doc stored in SQL is corrupted

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 09:39:45 PST

This is what the issue we are facing:

  Broad sense: When we try to download a file through the web application installed on Glassfish server (9.1 update 2) is not happening.

  Details:

     O/S: Linux
     Application server Glassfish (9.1 update 2)
     Axis 2.1.4

 Test case:

     User clicks on "View/Download" button from web page.

This is what happens at back end:

   When user clicks on "View/Download" button we are making a webservice call (using Axis 2.1.4) to a service deployed on
   IIS (internet information server) installed on windows.

   Data transfer mode of web service call is: chunked

   Transfer-Encoding: chunked

Result:

    I am getting in different amount of sizes.

  For example:

     If the actual file size is 19.5kb that I am trying to download. When I click "View/Download" button each time I get different amount of data which is less than actual file size (say first click 6.4kb
     2nd time 3.45kb, 3rd click 2.1kb like so).

I could able to run this test successfully under

 O/S windows xp
 Application server: Orion Application server 2.0.7
 Axis 2.1.4

 One more thing I observed:

    All the TCP communications between Orion and IIS was made on port number 3569 (mbg-ctrl)
    and
    All the TCP communications between Glassfish and IIS was made on port number 2911 (blockade)

Let me know If you need anything more.
[Message sent by forum member 'javaisuniversal' (javaisuniversal)]