users@glassfish.java.net

glassfish configuration admin console vs asadmin

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 07:28:40 PST

Is there some way in glassfish admin console to find the equivalent "asadmin" command details to accomplish the same task you are doing in the admin console?

I am not familiar with the internals of glassfish, but is there a way to either:

1) print in log files what the asadmin config settings would be when "Save"/configuration change is done in admin console. I am not sure how Sun has coded the webapp admin console but I was hoping that they are using "asadmin" behind the scenes and this would be available via logging or some such fairly easily in this case.

2) even better would be to have a "Show ASADMIN" button alongside the "Save" button that would show popup with asadmin details (make this tunable, default could be off...)
[Message sent by forum member 'suedonne123' (suedonne123)]