users@glassfish.java.net

Re: The nodeagent failed to rendezvous with the DAS

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 00:33:57 PST

I'm not sure I've had that error before, but I can suggest checking 2 things that typically prevent the node agent from synchronising with the DAS:
1) Ensure that each node in your cluster can ping the DAS and vice versa using the host name as returned if you do a reverse DNS lookup on the IP of the node/DAS. Clustering on GF relies on your DNS mappings being correct and having mappings for each nost name (both forward and reverse)
2) When you created the node agent, did you use the correct username and password of the DAS administrator? Also make sure the master password is the same as when you created the domain on the DAS. Then use the correct admin user and password again when you start the node agent.

The password is only asked for once when you start the node agent so I would think this is where your problem lies. The master password is only requested once when you create the node agent.

Paul
[Message sent by forum member 'paulcb' (paulcb)]