users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Cluster session replication not working

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 09:18:37 PST

Let me give you a couple more things to investigate.

Before that I was wondering if you and your company are at the stage
of development on GlassFish where you might consider the option of
getting a support contract. If you want to share information about
your stage of development, etc. you are welcome to write back to me
directly.

Since I don't know what version of the appserver you are using I'll just
stick with some general things you may not have checked.

a) the best way to insure that session replication - and GMS on which
it depends - are configured correctly - is to use the admin profile called
"cluster". You create your domain with the cluster profile and this pre-
configures correct settings for you when you create a cluster in such
a domain.

Conversely, some people who download the app server and use the
default domain encounter that it is the "enterprise" profile which is not
the correct one for use with memory replication. [you can take an
enterprise profile based domain and tweak various settings to make
it work with memory replication but frankly it's just easier to use
the cluster profile].

b) a second thing that some people encounter is that when using
memory replication - and GMS - it is vital that all machines in the cluster,
including the machine where the Domain Admin Server (DAS) resides
must be on the same subnet. So please check for that too.

Often people pull machines into a cluster that happen to reside on
different subnets and this causes problems.

hope this helps
[Message sent by forum member 'lwhite' (lwhite)]