users@glassfish.java.net

Re: shoal / GMS sniffer?

From: Dick Davies <rasputnik_at_hellooperator.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 15:21:26 +0000

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 3:46 PM, Shreedhar Ganapathy
<Shreedhar.Ganapathy_at_sun.com> wrote:

> Dick Davies wrote:
>>
>> I've been sat down crosseyed in front of snoop and tcpdump lately seeing
>> what our cluster is up to, and wondered if there were any higher level
>> tools
>> for looking at cluster GMS traffic?
>>

> What specifically are you looking for ?
> You can set ShoalLogger (as a module-log-levels property in domain.xml) to
> FINE and see more data. It gets a lot more detailed and a bit noisy with
> debug information as you go down FINER and FINEST.

Sorry to be starting 12 different subthreads, but it's one of those days :)

Can you give me the syntax to do that?

I tried something like:

<module-log-levels ShoalLogger="INFO" classloader="INFO" cmp="INFO"
cmp-container="INFO" configuration="INFO" connector="INFO" corba=
"INFO" deployment="INFO".....>

and got

Error refreshing
ConfigContext:/data/glassfish/devel/SUNWappserver/domains/devel/config/domain.xml
cause: Failed to create the XML-DOM Document. Check your XML to make
sure it is correct.
Attribute "ShoalLogger" must be declared for element type "module-log-levels".

I added a group-management-service="FINE" instead to see if that
helps, but I probably missed
something.