users@glassfish.java.net

Sticky load balacing of http/https calls?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 13:48:07 PST

I have a hi traffic web application. Lots and lots of very short servlet calls (with ejb3 back-end). The processing is quite short but there are really many connections. The connections a mixed [b]http and https[/b].

I want to have NON-clustered glassfish servers but i want sticky load balancing.

/servletX?serv=1&sessionId=x1234&otherParam1=a

The connection with parameter "serv=1" should always [b]stick to the same instance[/b], and i want to select the instance in the configuration.

Is there a solution to achieve these goals, how many connections a second could be handled by such a thing?

Thank you for reading
stephan
[Message sent by forum member 'iceandfire' (iceandfire)]