users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Persistence provider jar file is in your classpath

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 22:51:59 PDT

Comrades,

After downloading, installing "glassfish-persistence-installer-v2.1-b52.jar", then right-clicking on my webservices project icon within NetBeans IDE and choosing the "properties" option from the contextual menu displayed, I obtained a pop-up page entitled - Project properties -.
I then chose the "Libraries" option, which further allowed me to "Add JAR" , adding the two jar files resulting from the installation of "glassfish-persistence-installer-v2.1-b52 .jar" i.e "toplink-essentials-agent.jar" and " toplink-essentials.jar".

Unfortunately I am still missing "persistence.xml" in my META-INF folder apparently. HELP!!

The error messages have been reduced to the following :

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
Caused by: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: No Persistence provider for EntityManager named ubilog: No META-INF/persistence.xml was found in classpath.

        at javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Persistence.java:154)
        at javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Persistence.java:83)
        at serverside.BizLogicMiddleWare4.<clinit>(BizLogicMiddleWare4.java:34)
Exception in thread "main"
Java Result: 1

I will be really greatful for a final solution.

Kind Regards,

Tut
[Message sent by forum member 'tutankhamun' (tutankhamun)]