users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Achieving Load balancing + HA on two servers

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 01:31:00 PDT

Hello Anzy,
I have to solve the same issue as you already did - achieve load balancing and HA on two servers. Your posts gave me good starting info but still I'm not sure about some parts of your solution. Could you please share more details on it?

My assuptions how to setup the two servers are (please correct me if I'm wrong):
1. install DAS, Web server and load balancing plugin on both servers (host1 & host2)
2. configure the same cluster on both servers containing the same instances (instance1 created on host1 and instance2 created on host2) - at the moment I'm not sure how to achieve this, how did you configure the node agents and instances?
I mean both hosts have to run as DAS, each having one cluster, two node agents and two instances? Or is there another solution to this, because this would mean actually two independent clusters right? And in that case no session persistance.

Thank you.
[Message sent by forum member 'xwatch' (xwatch)]