users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Http session| share between diff. web app

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 09:15:37 -0700

On 10/13/08 01:45 AM, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have two web apps deployed on same app server (sun app server 9.1).
> Is it possible to share http session data across them (please ignore the fact that servlet spec does not say to do so)?
>

> Weblogic provides following setup to achieve this.
>
> <weblogic-application xmlns="http://www.bea.com/ns/weblogic/90";;>
> <session-descriptor>
> <persistence-store-type>memory</persistence-store-type>
> <sharing-enabled>true</sharing-enabled>
> </session-descriptor>
> </weblogic-application>
>

> please help.

This is not supported in GlassFish. The only kind of "session"
information that can
be shared by webapps in GlassFish is related to authentication, and
stored inside
Single-Sign-On (SSO) entries. Only webapps that are part of the same
security realm,
and deployed to the same virtual server, may share this kind of information.

Enabling sharing of "regular" sessions across webapps is tricky, because
it requires that
different webapps have access to each other's classloaders, so that one
webapp can read
the session attributes (of custom class types) stored by another.

As a side note, please use webtier_at_glassfish.dev.java.net for any
GlassFish webtier
related questions going forward.

Thanks!

Jan