users@glassfish.java.net

Connection pool error

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 13:30:14 PDT

I am getting an odd error that gets logged every time a certain criteria is met, and I'm not sure what the criteria is and how to stop it. I have to restart Glassfish everytime it happens:

[code]
[#|2008-10-08T04:08:20.611-0400|WARNING|sun-appserver9.1|javax.enterprise.resource.resourceadapter|_ThreadID=22;_ThreadName=Timer-266024;ArtivaProd;Connection could not be allocated because: Unable to get a connection: max pool size exceeded;_RequestID=fc0476a1-2db0-4424-af51-ac4696feee5f;|RAR5038:Unexpected exception while creating resource for pool ArtivaProd. Exception : Connection could not be allocated because: Unable to get a connection: max pool size exceeded|#]
[/code]

ArtivaProd is the name of the JDBC Connection Pool in Glassfish.

I would blame my code for something like this normally, but the only pooled database connection is being used by the Form Authentication process for login.

I guess my question is, why are the connections not being released/renewed?

I'll be happy to post my configuration, just let me know which parts you want to see.
[Message sent by forum member 'malakh' (malakh)]