users@glassfish.java.net

Cannot Undeploy problem - SJSAS 9.1

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 17:21:49 PDT

Hi there

Wondering if anybody has any clues into a problem we're having undeploying apps from a cluster.

If I go into the DAS and try to undeploy an EAR file I'm being told that I cannot undeploy it:

"Trying to undeploy application from domain failed; Application blah is referenced by appserv910,appserv911 and must be referenced by no server instances or clusters. Application blah is referenced by appserv910,appserv911 and must be referenced by no server instances or clusters."

I'm not sure what this means. This error has only started to appear once I upgraded from 9.1 U2 to 9.1U2 patch 3 - which is 9.1U2 build-08_p03.

It seems to be complaining that the app cannot be undeployed until all references of it on the node agents are removed. But that never used to be the case - and that is what an undeploy is attempting to do - to stop the app on the appserver nodeagents and then undeploy it.

What am I missing?
[Message sent by forum member 'coreyjohnston' (coreyjohnston)]