users@glassfish.java.net

JMX connection

From: Dru Devore <ddevore_at_duckhouse.us>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 09:18:27 -0700
I am trying to connect to Glassfish via the jconsole in a test production env and I am having problems.

First the box has no name so the service:jmx line in the server.log is no good because it contains the application name in place of the server name. What I am trying is this:
service:jmx:rmi://jndi/rmi://10.9.0.21:8686/jmxrmi

This is the string from the server.log with the ip address substituted for the application name. Using this string the console simply says Connection Failed: Retry?

Anyone know what I might be able to do to fix this?

Also, I can get to the web part of the application by using:
http://10.9.0.21:8080/application_name