users@glassfish.java.net

apache httpd 2.2 fronting glassfish v2 ur2

From: Lloyd Meinholz <meinholz_at_javabilities.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 20:27:15 -0400

What is the recommended way to front a glassfish v2 ur2 installation with an
apache httpd 2.2.x server? I'm on Ubuntu Linux if that matters.

Is there a standard solid way to do this? I'm surprised it is so difficult.

I've read a blog entry about using mod_jk and jars from tomcat 5.5 that
didn't sound super reliable, some things about mod_proxy_ajp and reverse
proxy.

I've tried doing it myself as a reverse proxy with mod_proxy, proxy_http,
proxy_html etc. but never got that working (kept rewriting hostname as
localhost).

I really need to do this because I have only one server and need apache
httpd to run my svn repository and trac and don't really want to run this on
non-standard ports if possible. I would like to put glassfish behind this,
but keep having to use tomcat or jboss because of the apache httpd
connectivity issue.

Thanks for any help with this,

Lloyd