users@glassfish.java.net

"Default Principal To Role Mapping" isUserInRole/isCallerInRole

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 08:46:23 PDT

I have actived the Default Principal To Role Mapping to avoid having to map the roles in web.xml or in sun-web.xml. This works fine for annotations on EJB methods, but not when I invoke isCallerInRole on the SessionContext in the EJB container or isUserInRole on the HttpServletRequest in the web-tier.

After debugging the isUserInRole call I came to the conclusion that the final check is not just on the role but that the url, for which the bean is a backing bean, is brought into the equation as well.

The isCallerInRole throws an exception complaining that there is no security mapping available.
Unfortunately mapping the roles in sun-web.xml is not an option.

Is this supposed to be happing and how can I get around it?

Thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'drfranknfurter' (drfranknfurter)]