users@glassfish.java.net

Re: CLI171 ....Deployment of application failed - Invalid user or password

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 17:18:49 PDT

Ludo:
Thank you for your Saturday morning response. I realized my mistake this morning that I did in fact set my Application Server Directory one level too deep.

I discovered that I only needed to set the Application Server Directory on the New Server wizard as far as "C:\Program Files\glassfishv3-prelude\glassfish". In doing so the wizard was able to complete the directory path and find the glassfish.jar it was looking for. I was then able to click "next", then "finish" and complete the creation of the GF server. This server is labeled "GF V3 Prelude".

When I start this new GF server I recieve error messages pertaining to the Admin Console. I have captured all of the messages produced and shown in the Eclipse console durinig server startup. Please see GF_Start_Error.txt attached.

The server produces identical error messages when I select my Dynamic Web Project and click Run As -> Run on Server; and then Eclipse opens a web browser and displays the "HTTP Status 404" message. I have attached a screen shot of this. Please see GF_Console_Error.jpg attached.

Any suggestions? Do I possibly have the wrong version of something or need to download and install something else? Could this be a known bug? If so can you direct me to where I can view the status of it? If its not a bug, please advise.

As allways thank you again for your time.
Gary
[Message sent by forum member 'gmarshall56' (gmarshall56)]