users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish V3 SNAPSHOT Server Plugin for Eclipse 3.4 jar problems with TP2

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 18:42:00 PDT

It appears that there still may be some problem with the SNAPSHOT files.

On the GlassFish Plugin for Eclipse Release Notes page:
(https://ajax.dev.java.net/eclipse/releasenotes.html )
for v1.0.11 it states that "...Update to work with newer builds of GlassFish v3 Prelude Buid 26". So I installed glassfish-v3-prelude-b27.zip, last modified 02 - Oct- 2008.

The installation of this version of GF went smoothly.

Now I am back in Eclipse ( Version: 3.4.0 Build id: I20080516-1333). I downloaded GF Version 1.0.11 server adapter using the New Server wizard. When this completes and Eclipse reopens, I click on New -> Server and then select "GlassFish V3 TP2" and click "next". I now get an error "Missing classpath entry \modules\glassfish-10.0-tp-2-SNAPSHOT.jar" Pleae see the attached jpeg image GFV3TD2_ERROR.jpg.

I'm a newbie at this GF thingy, so pardon me if I am totally off the mark. Just thought it might be a good idea to post adventure in this thread.
thx
Gary
[Message sent by forum member 'gmarshall56' (gmarshall56)]