users@glassfish.java.net

Re: restart glassfishv2u2 programmatically

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 04:19:58 PDT

>Time_wait does not cause conflict. After some time if you check again you'll see all you time_waits have disappeared. In plain language it is one of the state of shutting down the port.

Sorry my fault the port 8080 was state listening...

If I uses "netstat -a"I see something like:

TCP lzgkam2:1625 localhost:8080 TIME_WAIT
TCP lzgkam2:1626 localhost:8080 TIME_WAIT
TCP lzgkam2:1628 localhost:8080 TIME_WAIT
TCP lzgkam2:1629 localhost:8080 TIME_WAIT
TCP lzgkam2:1630 localhost:8080 TIME_WAIT
TCP lzgkam2:8080 localhost:1627 LISTENING

>In your script of restart, precede shutdown with start

> use :
> echo stop domain....
> call D:\dev\3rdparty\glassfish-v2ur2\glassfish\bin\asadmin.bat stop-domain
> echo start domain....
> start D:\dev\server\bin\startgf.bat

If I use your example manually or programmatically the server is stopped but never "re started" because on server stop the batch will not continue and the line "start D:\dev\server\bin\startgf.bat" is never called..

I think my script is ok because it works manually fine and programmatically it seams to work fine ((see log previous post). But when I do it programmatically I see that port 8080 is state Listening until the restart cause the server to stopped because a port conflict has occured(see log previous post).

So the programmatically way stopps the server not 100% the port 8080 is still listening. Why?

Any Idea?
Thanx
[Message sent by forum member 'montsie' (montsie)]