users@glassfish.java.net

timerpool on cluster

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 03:42:54 PDT

I try to deploy an application in a cluster.

The application use the @Resource TimerService

So, when I start It by calling the servlet that calls the session bean with TimerService I get an exception..

"javax.ejb.EJBException: nested exception is: javax.ejb.CreateException: Could not create stateless EJB javax.ejb.EJBException"

 Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: EJB Timer Service not available at com.sun.ejb.containers.ContainerFactoryImpl.getEJBContextObject(ContainerFactoryImpl.java:445) at .."

I think the problem is on jdbc resource jdbc/__TimerPool.
I try to change the resource target in order to enable it in the cluster but it tell me:

"Creation or deletion of the system resource reference jdbc/__TimerPool is not allowed"

So I create a new jdbc/resource called jdbc/__TimerPool_CLUSTER that have __TimerPool connection pool. it make right!

How can I tell in my code that the session bean must use jdbc/__TimerPool_CLUSTER?

I try to add mappedBy in resource annotaion:

 @Resource(mappedName="jdbc/__TimerPool_CLUSTER")
    TimerService timerService;

but it doesn't work!
help please
[Message sent by forum member 'peppeme' (peppeme)]