users@glassfish.java.net

Re: EclipseLink _at_NamedStoredProcedureQuery with iAnywhere (ASA10) and jConnect

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 23:35:52 PDT

Hi,

I am the author of the SQL Anywhere support in TopLink and EclipseLink and I am sorry to say that stored procedures support currently is only in an experimental state in the downloadable product.

Work on this topic is in progress (actually nearly done; it runs well on my laptop already but it must pass a lot of tests before it can be committed into the EclipseLink product -- quality first, you know). I expect to finish support for this within this year, but I cannot give you an exact date, since all this work is done in my unpaid spare time solely.

Sorry that I cannot give a more positive answer at the moment, but stay tuned, it will be there in one of the next releases! Keep in mind that SQL Anyhwere is not an officially supported platform in TopLink and EclipseLink, since it only provides JPA 1.0 support yet, and stored procedure support is not part of JPA 1.0.

If you like you can assist in beta testing. All help is welcome, and SQL Anyhwere users are not found very often. :-)

Regards
Markus
[Message sent by forum member 'mkarg' (mkarg)]