users@glassfish.java.net

Console wont let me create a connection pool

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 22:31:57 PDT

Hi

(running glassfish v3 on Ubuntu)

I've been using Netbeans and Glassfish while learning J2EE.
Last night I created a connection pool and JDBC resource and used them to access a database. All worked fine.
This morning I tried to do the same but when I tried to create a new connection pool I would get as far as the first finishing the first form hit 'Next' and get a HTTP Status 500 page.

type Exception report

message

descriptionThe server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException while attempting to process a 'command' event for 'nextButton'.

root cause

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException while attempting to process a 'command' event for 'nextButton'.

root cause

root cause

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException while attempting to process a 'beforeCreate' event for 'page1'.

root cause

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException while attempting to process a 'beforeCreate' event for 'page1'.

root cause

root cause

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Boolean cannot be cast to com.sun.appserv.management.config.PropertyConfig

Restart Glassfish and have restarted the computer.

Any ideas what has gone wrong and how I should go about fixing it?
[Message sent by forum member 'grose' (grose)]